Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 73

During the week, tile and rock were delivered, cabinets were installed on three more homes and the electrician started working on the first two homes. Wednesday, Debbie and I worked on getting the siding on her homes gable end. Debbie's friends, Shirley and Karen, came out to help caulk her front porch. Brandon and Patricia were out painting their interior doors.  Alfredo and Naty worked on their home. Friday, many people from our group came out to work on their homes: Carlos, Lupe and Paul, Brandon, Robert, Maria, John, Debbie, and me. Shirley came out again to help Debbie.  Debbie and I were able to finish her siding.  Saturday morning we had a quick group meeting. We all went back to where we working the previous weekend.  We continued with siding and porches.  During first break Home Depot brought us coffee and doughnuts, because they made a mistake on our tile order.  Thank you Home Depot!  Everyone enjoyed the coffee and doughnuts.


Debbie's house John and Steve installing the railing.

 Her friend Shirley painting her porch and window trim.
 Evelyn's house: painting the siding.

 Leticia's house: Jessenya caulking the siding.
 Deena and I working on the siding

 Carlos and Jackie's house: Jacob, Michael, and Paul working on the post collars.
 Deena's house: Carlos and Andy installing the railing.

 Robert's house: Robert, Luisa, and Wendy installing the siding

 Rock for Debbie, Lupe, Steve and Mary, and Naty and Alfredo's homes




John and Steve working on Debbie's house

Patricia, Leticia, and Alfredo installing the siding on Steve and Maria's home

Cabinets in Deena's home.

Siding done on Steve and Maria's home
 Leticia's house:
Lupe, Deena, and I siding the garage.

Brandon, John, and Steve installing the railing.
 Leticia's brothers painting the inside of her home.


Debbie's railing done.


Robert and Maria's home at the end of Sunday.

Deena's home at the end of Sunday.


Leticia's home at the end of Sunday.

Leticia's garage



Andres and Luisa's home at the end of Sunday.


Evelyn's home at the end of Sunday.
Sunday started with us cleaning up all the lots for the grading to be done. We end our day with a meeting.  Facio went over who needed what paint. The end is getting closer. Hopefully, over the next few weeks will finish up our outside work and move inside.  I look forward to installing our tile and wood lament flooring.

Debbie got a lot accomplished this weekend on her home.  Shirley came out all weekend to help get Debbie's window trim and porch painted.   I know this helped Debbie a lot.  Thank you so much, Shirley for coming out and help her.  It was such a blessing to her.

Pray Requests:

  • volunteers will continue to come out and help us ( we have a lot of painting to do)
  • the sub contractors will work on our homes quickly and accurately
  • everyone will stay healthy and be able to work extra hours, so we can complete our homes soon. 
  • Facio will feel better soon and stay healthy
  • we will finish our homes soon. I yearn to be back at church, to sit and listen to a sermon, to hear worship songs sang, and to fellowship.
  • Praise God for all that He has provided and continues to provide

Psalm 63

 

The Thirsting Soul Satisfied in God.

 

63 O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly;
My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips will praise You.
So I will bless You as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips.
When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches,
For You have been my help,
And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
My soul clings to You;
Your right hand upholds me.
But those who seek my life to destroy it,
Will go into the depths of the earth.
10 They will be delivered over to the power of the sword;
They will be a prey for foxes.
11 But the king will rejoice in God;
Everyone who swears by Him will glory,
For the mouths of those who speak lies will be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment