Friday, February 21, 2014

Week 84

This weekend is all about getting ready for landscaping and finishing the interiors of our homes.  The plumbers, electrician, and the rest of the subs continued to work through out the week.


This week carpet was laid in a Deena's home.


 Debbie had friends come out this weekend to lay her wood laminate.
 Others started to do the sprinkler system for the landscaping.


 Jacob, Michael, and Deena started to work on their driveway pavers.


 Leticia painted her porch.

 Carlos and Jackie worked on their driveway.
 Debbie worked on her driveway.


 Debbie's house.



 Sunday the landscaping continued on our home.
 Carlos worked on his driveway.






 John helping me with a cut on our laminate.



 Lupe's house

 Deena working on her pavers.



 Debbie's laminate going in.




 Debbie's driveway.

Each weekend we get closer to being done.  On Monday, John and I finished our laminate floor and Debbie's laminate was finished.  We hope to get our baseboards on this next week. Facio told us that the plants will be delivered at 8 am on the 27th, so he needs people out there to help unload and put them in the right house.  We plan on doing our landscaping on the 1st weekend in March.  So if you live locally and want to help for a few hours come on out and join us.

I think one word that best describes how Debbie, Deena, John, and I feel is weary.  It is hard at times for so many reasons.  We have to balance all of our responsibilities at home and/or work, with getting our homes done. When you are some place besides working on the house you have this nagging voice in your head listing all the things that need to be done to finish your homes. When you are at the house you have the nagging voice saying you should be at home with children or whatever other responsibilities you put aside to be at the house. Another reason is the unknowns, I do not know what needs to be done on other people's homes all I can do is trust that they are working as hard as we are to finish, but I do not know if they are pushing to finish soon. I only see certain families out during the week when I am there. So where do I turn when I am tired, frustrated, weary, God has blessed me with friends that can sympathize with me, friends that pray and volunteer hours at the house to help, a husband who works hard and helps me, and I have God's Word that I read to refresh me.


Isaiah 40:28-31

28 Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired.
His understanding is inscrutable.
29 He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might He increases power.
30 Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
31 Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment