Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 82

This weekend Facio let us know that the carpet is going in this week or the beginning of next week.  The homes that have carpet need to get their baseboard down.  He also stressed that we need to get our interiors done.  We need to work hard and productively, so we can move in. 

This week was all about drive ways.  Here are the photos of the driveways and walkways that were poured and done.

Brandon and Patricia

Lupe



Robert
 Here is Deena's house




Alfredo and Naty


Here are the driveways we prepared for pouring:
Debbie's house

John and my house walkway


John and my house

Debbie's house

John and my house
 Sunday was cold, wet, and miserable, but we finished the rebar on the last driveway and walkways
Debbie and Paul moving sand

Jacob and Andres working on Leticia's walkway

Luisa wetting her driveway


John and Steve working on stoops 

Sand pile half moved.
 Working in the rain: forms and rebar




 The sun came out for a short time.
 Andres and Luisa's driveway


I was so wet, cold when we got to go home on Sunday.   It is great to have all the driveways that our cement done.  Now we have to work on the 4 driveways that have pavers.  

Please pray for us:
1) that we finish strong and finish soon.
2) the subs come out to finish their work
3) we stay healthy

I am amazed when I look back at all the houses we tried to buy and how none of them worked out.  Each time I thought we would get it.  I was so sad after I heard it did not work out for some reason.  God was faithful then to provide comfort and peace.  Then now I see what a beautiful house he has provided us and I sit in awe.  It is more than I could ever think I would own.  He gave us a new home and new friends.  We have been blessed to be able to work with our neighbors. All I can do is praise God for what He has given me and taught me.


Psalm 40


God Sustains His Servant.

40 

waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear
And will trust in the Lord.
How blessed is the man who has made the Lord his trust,
And has not turned to the proud, nor to those who lapse into falsehood.
Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders which You have done,
And Your thoughts toward us;
There is none to compare with You.
If I would declare and speak of them,
They would be too numerous to count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment