Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 67

Saturday morning we started bright and early, 7 a.m.  We started with our safety meeting.  Facio then went over the fact that not everyone is showing up for their required 20 hours per weekend.  The office has written out a schedule that shows us completing our homes in mid January.  This would be great. I know we have a lot to do.  It is going to take all of us working hard every week and bring out extra help. I know that the homes will be completed in God's perfect timing.   I am trusting God for the help, energy, and endurance to finish these homes.

After the meeting, we all went back to the porches, siding, and painting.


Garage door being installed on Brandon and Patricia's home. 
Garage is done.

Garage door being installed on our home.

Deena's home with trim around her windows.


Alfredo and Naty's home.

Naty painting the trim on her home.

Maria painting the siding on Deena's garage.

Debbie's garage is no longer a storage unit.

Lupe and Jesseyna working on the gable end of Brandon and Patricia's home.

Jackie, Maria, and Leticia finishing the back of Brandon and Patricia's home.

John measuring.

Brandon and Pat adding trim to Evelyn's home.

Trim going on around Evelyn's home.




Maria and Delilah caulking Steve and Maria's porch.

Deena's siding being painted. 
Our garage door installed
 Sunday morning, we started at work at 7 a.m.  Our new work hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days on the weekends. Hopefully, these new hours will help us to get our homes completed.


Brandon and Patricia's house almost siding almost done.

Deena's house with the siding installed over porch



Deena's garage with siding painted
 Sal and a volunteer installing doors on Lupe's house.  Everyone stop by to see doors being installed.


 Debbie removing a splinter from Leticia's hand.


Adding siding to the last wall on Brandon and Patricia's house

Our house


Debbie's house
Prayer requests:

1) Energy, strength, and endurance to finish our homes strong.
2) Everyone will put in the extra hours needed to complete our homes.
3) Volunteers will come out to help us.
4) Health.  I have been fighting my allergies and asthma for weeks. It has made working hard.


It is very exciting to see our home making progress.  John and I spent all of last week prepping the interior of our home for painting and painting our walls.    My dad came out and helped me install the locks on our doors.  It was hard work, but great to have it done.  Now we are ready for our interior doors to be delivered.

Psalm 40

God Sustains His Servant.

40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear
And will trust in the Lord.
How blessed is the man who has made the Lord his trust,
And has not turned to the proud, nor to those who lapse into falsehood.
Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders which You have done,
And Your thoughts toward us;
There is none to compare with You.
If I would declare and speak of them,
They would be too numerous to count.
Sacrifice and meal offering You have not desired;
My ears You have opened;
Burnt offering and sin offering You have not required.
Then I said, “Behold, I come;
In the scroll of the book it is written of me.
I delight to do Your will, O my God;
Your Law is within my heart.”
I have proclaimed glad tidings of righteousness in the great congregation;
Behold, I will not restrain my lips,
O Lord, You know.
10 I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart;
I have spoken of Your faithfulness and Your salvation;
I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth from the great congregation.
11 You, O Lord, will not withhold Your compassion from me;
Your lovingkindness and Your truth will continually preserve me.
12 For evils beyond number have surrounded me;
My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to see;
They are more numerous than the hairs of my head,
And my heart has failed me.
13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me;
Make haste, O Lord, to help me.
14 Let those be ashamed and humiliated together
Who seek my life to destroy it;
Let those be turned back and dishonored
Who delight in my hurt.
15 Let those be appalled because of their shame
Who say to me, “Aha, aha!”
16 Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
Let those who love Your salvation say continually,
“The Lord be magnified!”
17 Since I am afflicted and needy,
Let the Lord be mindful of me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
Do not delay, O my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment