Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 65

During the weeks the subcontractors finished taping off the dry wall our home and lot 9, stucco started on our home, another layer of stucco on lot 6 and 7 (Deena's). 

This Saturday we started at our new time 7 a.m.  We had our meeting. Facio discussed our need to come out during the week, so we could make more progress on our homes.  He then had us go back to working on the front porches, siding, installing water lines, and painting the interior of a few of the homes.  
Siding going up on lot 9






Stucco on our garage

Stucco on our house
 Debbie's house:  working on the front porch.

 Back of lot 9

 Front of lot 9.

 Lot 11 roofing being finished.

 Lot 12 front porch.
John and Steve added boards to make the post bigger.
 Lot 7 siding going up (Deena's house).





 Debbie and Deena got keys to their homes.

Debbie's house at the end of the weekend. (lot 16)
Saturday after lunch, the group was called back into our house to meet with Phil.   The time came to give our decisions on floor, counter tops, and cabinets.  After we gave our decision, we went back to work.  For us the counter top was the hardest to decide. It will be fun to see how the different houses look.



John and I chose this for our bathrooms.  (I believe Deena did also.)

Debbie and I chose this for our counter tops.  I did not see what Deena chose.

All three of us chose the darker cabinet.

All three of our kitchen/ laundry room flooring.  Debbie's bathrooms. Deena's dining room/ entry
 Prayer Requests:
1) Group harmony.  All of us our tired and trying to balance the many responsibilities we have.
2) Wisdom for Facio as he directs and teaches us.
3) We learn our jobs and do them accurately and at a good pace
4) Subcontractors will continue to come out when we need them and do good work for us.


Every time I see our home, I think about what an incredible gift God has given us.  I still can not believe that this is where we will be living in 6 months.  I can not wait to celebrate with our friends and family this beautiful gift.

This year has been one of the hardest years of my life.  Everyday I have need God to help me get through that day.  I find myself being drawn to read the book of Psalm. They have helped me get through many days. Here is one that stood out to me this morning:

Psalm 66

66 Shout joyfully to God, all the earth;
Sing the glory of His name;
Make His praise glorious.
Say to God, “How awesome are Your works!
Because of the greatness of Your power Your enemies will give feigned obedience to You.
All the earth will worship You,
And will sing praises to You;
They will sing praises to Your name.” Selah.
Come and see the works of God,
Who is awesome in His deeds toward the sons of men.
He turned the sea into dry land;
They passed through the river on foot;
There let us rejoice in Him!
He rules by His might forever;
His eyes keep watch on the nations;
Let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah.
Bless our God, O peoples,
And sound His praise abroad,
Who keeps us in life
And does not allow our feet to slip.
10 For You have tried us, O God;
You have refined us as silver is refined.
11 You brought us into the net;
You laid an oppressive burden upon our loins.
12 You made men ride over our heads;
We went through fire and through water,
Yet You brought us out into a place of abundance.
13 I shall come into Your house with burnt offerings;
I shall pay You my vows,
14 Which my lips uttered
And my mouth spoke when I was in distress.
15 I shall offer to You burnt offerings of fat beasts,
With the smoke of rams;
I shall make an offering of  bulls with male goats. Selah.
16 Come and hear, all who fear God,
And I will tell of what He has done for my soul.
17 I cried to Him with my mouth,
And He was extolled with my tongue.
18 If I regard wickedness in my heart,
The Lord will not hear;
19 But certainly God has heard;
He has given heed to the voice of my prayer.
20 Blessed be God,
Who has not turned away my prayer
Nor His lovingkindness from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment