Monday, April 15, 2013

Work Week 40

Saturday morning we had a quick meeting.  We got back to work on trusses, finishing sheer, and pick up framing.  During our first break our next set of trusses arrived for lot 10 (John and my house) and lot 11 (Steve and Maria).





First set dropped on lot 10.




















Next delivery lot 11.
















Trusses going up on lot 8, Lupe's house.
Front porch post going up on lot 7, Deena's house.


Lupe's house.

Delilah and Evelyn working on pick framing on Debbie's house (lot 16),



Deena getting in position to hold up a piece of sheer.

Lupe's house with trusses up.

Alfredo and Naty's house with trusses.

Sunday morning, we all went back to where we left off on Saturday.

John and I on our front porch.

Starting trusses on Brandon and Patricia's house lot 9.

Trusses being carried over to go on.
Trusses going on Brandon and Patricia's house.



By Sunday afternoon, Jackie, Luisa, Maria, Patricia, Lupe, Leticia, Naty, Deena, Debbie, and I were all working the trusses on lot 6. Debbie, Deena, and I were given the job of adding bracing to the trusses.  This meant we had to go up into the trusses and work.  For me the hardest part was the first time going from the ladder to a board that was laying across three trusses.  After a while we got the hang of moving our boards and walking on the 1 1/2 inches of the trusses. 
Jackie, Maria, and Luisa working on blocking.

Linda and Deena adding a top plate.

Debbie and I going up into the trusses to work on the bracing.








Zach and Adam came out to help for a few hours.



Debbie nailing in blocking.



This week Facio continued to work with the guys on getting the trusses up on the roof.  Toby worked with the group on lot 6 getting the blocking and bracing done. This was new jobs for all of us.  Toby probably got tired of all of us yelling "Toby we have a question".  He patiently answered all of our questions. 

I am amazed every weekend how blessed we are with additional help.  Thank you to everyone that came out this week to help us.

Prayer Requests:

1) safety-  most of us our using ladders or up on the roof or in the trusses working.
2) wisdom to Facio and Toby on how to teach us our jobs.
3) For all of us to learn our new jobs and perform them accurately and quickly.
4) We would be in our homes for Christmas.

This week I was tired.  I am falling behind in a lot of things that I need to accomplish at home.  I know it is by keeping my eyes of God I will be able to get my work done.  So that is what I have been trying to do.  The most important thing that I am learning through this year is how depend on God I am for everything and how faithful He is to provide for me.

Psalm 121

The Lord the Keeper of Israel.

A Song of Ascents.

121 I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.
The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment