Monday, April 8, 2013

Work Week 39

During the week all of our front porches were poured.  They look great.  

Saturday, started out as normal with our meeting.  Facio divided us into our work group.  The men went to do trusses.  Debbie, Deena, and I continued with adding sheer wall.  This week I brought out a nailing gun to help us with sheering.  Toby showed us how to attach everything.  It was scare the first time I used it. It got easier each time I used it.   Lupe, Patricia, Maria, Evelyn, Luisa, Luisa's volunteer, Naty, and Leticia continued with the pick up framing.  Ken  (Debbie's volunteer and a contractor) came out to help with the trusses in the morning.  So Ken, Toby, and Facio worked with the crew doing the trusses.  
Maria 

Dave working on bolts.

Evelyn

Leticia
 The men working on the trusses.
























Debbie's front porch,
 The next set of trusses arrived.











We ended the day with moving the trusses out of the road.
 On Sunday, we started at 8 A.M. We started with removing the forms.  Then the men were pulled for trusses and the women continued with cleaning up the job site. Facio is having a dumpster delivered to take our trash away next Saturday. After lunch, we went back to sheer wall and pick up framing.
Leticia 

Tricia (Me)
 Trusses going up on Deena's house (lot 7).


Steve and Lupe working on the trusses.

Back of Deena's house.
 Lupe's house (lot 8).



Lupe's house.

Deena's house.

It is very exciting to see trusses going up on house.  I am getting a better idea of what our homes will look like when they are complete.  I felt very weary this weekend.  I can see how much more work we have a head of us.  I want to get into our homes by December and I am don't know if we can get all the work done by then.  I keep reminding myself that God is sovereign over this house building project and I can trust him.  I read Isaiah 40 this morning to help remind me.


Isaiah 40:28-31

 
28 Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired.
His understanding is inscrutable.
29 He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might He increases power.
30 Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
31 Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
 
 

Prayer Request:

 

1) safety.  We are working on the roofs.
2) Peace and joy through this process.
3) Energy.  We are coming up on 1 year with many months ahead.
4) Wisdom for Facio and Toby as they are teaching us knew skills.
5) We learn our new skills quickly and perform them accurately.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment