Monday, January 28, 2013

Work Week 29

Saturday was warmer than it has been in a few weeks.  We started with our safety meeting on using ladders. We then were divided into our work groups: 1) plating John, Brandon, Paul, and Dave 2) chalking and marking Patricia, Lupe, Deena, Debbie, and me 3) framing Leticia, Steve, Maria, Jackie, Carlos, Robert, Maria, Evelyn, Delilah, Luisa, Andres, Pat, Jacob, Michael, Alfredo, Naty, and David.  We all got right to work.  
Patricia, Lupe, and I went to lot 13 to mark the studs.
 During the week some of lot 9's walls were framed.  The framing crew started here.
 Lot 12 ready for framing.
Debbie and Deena swept the rain off lots 11, 10, 8, 7.  Deena  playing in the rain water on her house.
 Everyone was called over  to raise the long wall on lot 9.




Then the garage wall went up.



More walls going up. Maria and Delilah working on framing.
 Dave, Brandon, and Paul working on plating lot 15.
 Patricia, Lupe, Debbie, Deena, and I working on chalking on Lupe's house.
 More walls going up on lot 9.
 Deena chalking out her house lot 7.
 Brandon and Paul working on Debbie's lot 16.
 John working on plating lot 16.
 Sunday morning we went back to work on the framing, plating, and marking out the houses for framing.

Deena, Lupe, Patricia, and I marking out Carlos and Jackie's house for framing.
 Jackie, Evelyn, Leticia, Maria, Delilah, Luisa working on framing Evelyn's house lot 12.
 Lot 9 with almost all the walls up.
 Brandon and Patricia standing in their home.
 Debbie's house lot 16 with bottom plate on and marked out for framing.
 Evelyn's house with it's first wall up.
 Lupe marking out her house for framing.
 John, Steve, Paul, and Brandon plating lot 17 (Robert and Maria's house).
Evelyn's house at the end of the day.


 Thank you to all the volunteers that came out this weekend to help us out.  We got a lot accomplished this weekend.  It is amazing how quickly the walls go up.  It was great to be able to see houses going up.


These last few weeks seem to be very hard for me.  I have moments that I feel like I never can get caught up and I am being pulled in all different direction. In these moments I am so grateful that I can trust God to help me through all that is going on in my life. 

Psalm 63

The Thirsting Soul Satisfied in God.

A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.

63 O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly;
My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips will praise You.
4 So I will bless You as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
5 My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips.
6 When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches,
7 For You have been my help,
And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
8 My soul clings to You;
Your right hand upholds me.
9 But those who seek my life to destroy it,
Will go into the depths of the earth.
10 They will be delivered over to the power of the sword;
They will be a prey for foxes.
11 But the king will rejoice in God;
Everyone who swears by Him will glory,
For the mouths of those who speak lies will be stopped.


Prayer Requests:

 
1) We continue to make progress.
2) Safety for everyone out there.
3) We continue to learn our jobs and do them well.
4) For our children who are at home or with friends on the weekend.  Pray for there safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment