Monday, July 8, 2013

Work Weekend 52


 This weekend was cooler, which was nice.  We started with our safety meeting on driving safely.  Facio then had Debbie and I hang sheer on lot 14, 17, and 12.  These houses will have siding on it.  Jacob, Michael, and David worked on removing our power polls.  John, Steve, and Chris (Debbie's helper this weekend) worked on lot 6 porch. Andres, Carlos, Paul, and Brandon worked on lot 8 porch.  Jackie, Luisa, Leticia, and Maria continued blocking on lot 13 and 12.  Patricia and Lupe worked on adding decorative detail to lot 6 roof line.  Robert, Luis, Andy, and Tony,  Alfredo worked on attic access in my garage lot 10. We had additional help from Tim and Nick.




Tim and Nick helping hang shear.

David cutting green board.

Steve and Maria's front porch.

Carlos and Andres working on lot 8.

Brandon working on lot 8.

Lot 8


Lot 6

John working on lot 6.

Chris and Steve working on lot 6.
 Steve and Maria's house.


Patricia and Lupe adding detail.

Lot 8.

Debbie's house lot 16.

Lot 8
 Lot 6


Lot 16

Lot 8
 Lot 6 adding porch details.





Debbie's house at the end of the day.

We are making slow progress.  We are waiting on information on what to add to the gable ends of the house that will meet the energy specifications.  We still need the letter from the engineer.  I am not sure when we will have these things.  (Hopefully, this week)  We need to start roofing the houses. 

Prayer Request:

1) Wisdom for Facio and Toby on running the job.

2) We will get the information we need, so we can have inspections.

3) Endurance.  I am feeling very physically and emotional exhausted.


One of the hardest things about building this house is balancing everything at home while putting in the work at house site.  It is not about putting in the hours.  It is getting the work done each week.  So when you at the house you need to focus completely on doing the work and working hard then you leave and you have to focus on your family. I am still not good at leaving the house stuff at site.  It can easily consume me.  God has been so good to me.  I am continually needing to call out to Him.  He then provides for me.

Psalm 86

A Psalm of Supplication and Trust.

A Prayer of David.

86 Incline Your ear, O Lord, and answer me;
For I am afflicted and needy.
Preserve my soul, for I am a godly man;
O You my God, save Your servant who trusts in You.
Be gracious to me, O Lord,
For to You I cry all day long.
Make glad the soul of Your servant,
For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You.
Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
And give heed to the voice of my supplications!
In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You,
For You will answer me.
There is no one like You among the gods, O Lord,
Nor are there any works like Yours.
All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord,
And they shall glorify Your name.
10 For You are great and do wondrous deeds;
You alone are God.
11 Teach me Your way, O Lord;
I will walk in Your truth;
Unite my heart to fear Your name.
12 I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,
And will glorify Your name forever.
13 For Your lovingkindness toward me is great,
And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! He answers you. He preserves your soul and is gracious to you. He can make your soul glad; He is good and ready to forgive. He listens and answers. There is none like Him! He is great and does wondrous things. He is the only God. He teaches you and unites your heart to fear Him. His lovingkindness is great and He has delivered your soul. Praise the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete