Monday, December 10, 2012

Work Week 22

 We were so thankful for the no rain this weekend.  We worked hard and got a lot accomplished.  We got 4 houses ready for inspection on Monday.  If these houses pass they will be poured this week.  YEAH!  That would mean we only have 4 more to get to slab.  We worked on other 4 houses as well.  We are almost ready to pour the footings.  Hopefully, next weekend we will be able to get those 4 ready for footings.  The plumber came out and moved the plumbing for the sinks to the correct spot.  Here is the week in photos:


plumbing moved on 7  houses.

Maria and Jacob adding stakes for inside forms.

Finishing up the cage rebar in the footings.

Pat, Robert, and Wendy putting int the inside forms on my house.

Patricia and Lupe adding the rebar grid to lot 14.

Working on the rebar on 8.

Finishing the rebar on 7.

John working ton the sand on lot 15.



Alfredo, Lupe, and Patrica working on the grid on lot 15.


Adding the plastic down on Debbie's house (16).

more plastic

Brandon working on Debbie's garage.

David and I working on the grid on lot 14.

lot 15 finished

John working on Debbie's sand.

Debbie's house with sand.

Working on more rebar.





John using the sand compacter on lot 16 garage.

Lot 11 working on the utilities.





Jacob and Robert working on forms on lot 7
 

Maria working on stakes on lot 7 garage (Deena's house)

The view from my lot (garage).

 
Debbie's house ready for inspection.

Robert and Maria's garage with grid done.
Debbie's


Robert and Maria's house done.
Thank you to Leticia's family and Lupe's volunteer that came out to help us this weekend.  We are all energized by having helper come out.   
 
The hardest thing for me about building the house is it can become the focus of my life.  I struggle with keeping the house in perspective.  I know that the focus of my life needs to be on the most important things in my life God, family, and friends.  This house is a beautiful blessing that God has given our family.  This year of building the houses is something that God is using in my life to grow my faith and trust in HIM.  The house can become my overriding thoughts. I am so thankful that God has put Debbie and Deena in this group and my other friends that help me refocus on God. I have so many friends that help me out by watching my kids, making meals for us on the weekends, coming out and helping us, and praying for us. God has blessed us so much. 
 
We are very close to getting all the foundations done.  Our goal is to have the foundations done by the 1st of January.  We will need to put many hours in during the week and weekend to get it done.  I can see the end of foundations.  YEAH!!!
 
I have been reading 1 Peter this week.  This passage stood out to me.  I want to rejoice in every weekend even though there are hard moments and hard work to be done.
 
1 Peter 1:3-9
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, 7 so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 8 and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.
 
 
Prayer Requests:
 
1) safety
2) strength
3) unity
4) patience
5) wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment